How to Add Captions and Subtitles to JWPlayer Videos
Video is where it is at in 2020. Consumers and customers around the world are turning to that medium. The problem is that those people are also increasingly mobile and formatting videos so that they can play on all devices takes a few extra steps. One of the most popular options is to leverage JWPlayer.
What is JWPlayer?
JWPlayer offers an entire platform of different video services. Big companies like FOX, National Geographic, Sky, and Vice use them but the company also sells solutions for smaller businesses too. The goal is consistent, high-quality videos that deliver a user-friendly experience across devices. JWPlayer touts itself as being able to “deliver compelling video anywhere” and that includes on smaller screens – and that’s not all. JWPlayer can help you improve engagement with article matching and recommending relevant content to your viewers so that you can increase plays.
JWPlayer is also widely used by educators, both K-12 and colleges/universities. It’s highly praised for its ability to provide accessible video content by both professors and administrators.
JWPlayer is more than just a video streaming platform. It also helps you maximize your ad revenue. According to Forrester, companies that use JWPlayer see a return on investment (ROI) of over 480%. One of the ways it does this is by supporting captions and subtitles.
How to Use Rev Captioning
The easiest way to do offer JWPlayer closed captions is to leverage another service like Rev. The way it works is simple. You just upload your videos to the service then real-life professionals work to add captions. Rev has more than 50,000 people in its network, and they work 24/7 to bring you closed captions and subtitles with 99% accuracy in the fastest turnaround possible – sometimes within hours.
Companies like AT&T, Buzzfeed, Microsoft, and NASA all trust their closed captioning to Rev. The service meets all FCC and ADA requirements and make your content fully accessible to deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
Rev can also create foreign language subtitles, which translates the words spoken into multiple languages, expanding your audience significantly.
How to Add Captions & Subtitles to JWPlayer Videos
Adding JWPlayer captions may sound intimidating, but don’t worry. You can add captions to JWPlayer through the standard Rev captioning service easily by following these steps:
- Upload your video to Rev. You can also link to a public web address (like a video on YouTube) or link your video streaming account (YouTube works or Vimeo).
- You will receive a price based on the length of the video. You will also have the option to rush your order or add foreign-language titles as well as the output format. If you are unsure which file type you need, don’t worry. Rev lets you change the file format for no extra charge.
- Hit checkout. Most videos that are under 30 minutes will be ready within 24 hours.
- Once your caption file is ready, select your side-loaded file format to download. JWPlayer accepts SubRip (.srt) and WebVTT (.vtt).
- Upload your side-loaded caption file to your JWPlayer video with these steps:
Add Captions & Subtitles to JWPlayer Using Rev’s Integration
Consider connecting your JWPlayer and Rev accounts using Rev’s JWPlayer integration. This way, everything is automatic. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to your Rev account and save a payment method. This is required to place Rev orders through integration with your JWPlayer account.
- Next, navigate to Integration Settings in your Rev account. The option is listed under Account Settings. Select JWPlatform.
- At this point, you will be prompted to log into your account on JWPlayer. Follow the instructions there, then use the menu at the top of your screen to go to API Keys. There will be a button that says Show Credentials. Click there.
- You will see two fields: Key and Secret. Copy the codes from these cells and paste them in API Key and API Secret on the Link New Account Screen in Rev.
- From here, go to Auto Pull Mode on Rev’s Link New Account page. Select whether you want to Pull All Videos or Pull Only Videos Tagged with ‘Rev’.
- Finish the integration between your JWPlayer and Rev accounts by clicking Link.
Adding subtitles and captions to JWPlayer is an easy way to connect with your customers through video in a meaningful way while ensuring that your media follows different regulations that may be in place.
Whether your viewers are visually impaired, hearing-challenged, or simply prefer to read the words instead of listening, JWPlayer captions will help you meet those needs while enjoying all the benefits that JWPlayer has to offer.
Cisco Webex meetings have been a go-to solution for businesses who want hassle-free video conferencing for enterprise. When taking meeting notes becomes…
If you’ve been using video conferencing as a way to stay in touch with friends or colleagues from home, you may have…
BlueJeans is one of the most popular online meeting and video conferencing solutions available today. Businesses and individuals everywhere use it because…