Rev charges $1 per minute of audio. For example, a 30 minute clip costs $30.00. Timestamps and verbatim are options that cost $0.25 per minute each. There is no additional charge for multiple speakers and there is no sales tax. We round up all audio to the nearest whole minute.
Audio files under 30 minutes long with good quality audio are typically delivered within 12 hours, often much faster. For longer recordings or recordings with poor audio quality, it may take longer. If you have longer files, you may be interested in a new service we have to return long files back faster. Want a turnaround estimate? Contact Us.
- We know that speed is important to you.
- Rev is one of the largest online transcription service providers. We have thousands of transcriptionists standing by to work on your order.
Yes, we offer thirty-second interval timestamps as an option when you place your order for an additional
charge of $0.25 per minute.
All timestamps begin at [00:00], we cannot accommodate embedded video timecodes.
We have transcriptionists from a variety of backgrounds. You can specify the topic when you place your order so agents with experience in that field can work on your files. We are not HIPAA compliant or court-certified.
We can transcribe multi-speaker files and we charge the same price: $1 per minute. We indicate "speaker 1", "speaker 2", etc. where possible, or "male" and "female".
- We strive to make our customers' lives easier. It is sometimes difficult for you to judge the quality of a recording.
- Don't worry about it. We'll take care of it all for the same price.
No. We keep things simple and have only one low price for everyone, $1 per minute.
- We guarantee at least 99% accuracy for audio files that are clearly audible.
- We work closely with our clients to correct any discrepancies.
- See our full list of guarantees »
No - we currently only transcribe to and from English.
We keep all client information confidential - it is our solemn duty. Some clients require additional documentation via a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). We are happy to sign your NDA, or we can supply one for you. Contact Us
We accept audio and video recordings in MP3, MP4, WMV, AIF, M4A, MOV, AVI, VOB, AMR, WMA, OGG, and WAV. We do not currently accept physical media (tapes, CDs, SD cards, etc.) If you have a file in a format other than those listed here, please Contact Us. We also accept links to streaming video and audio files available on the web.
Visit your favorite search engine and type in "Free software convert [file type initial] to [file type final]"
- Your files are securely stored and transmitted using TLS 1.2 encryption, the highest level of security available. We also never store credit card information - we simply pass it securely to our bank for safe-keeping.
- We will never share your files or personal information with anyone outside of Rev. Files are visible only to the professionals who have signed strict confidentiality agreements. If you'd ever like us to delete your files, just let us know.
Just click here to get started. Our online order process takes just minutes to complete.
We use only professional transcriptionists to maximize quality. We do not use automated transcription software.
- Rev guarantees a minimum of 99% accuracy. See details.
- We start with only hiring the best and employ a system of review and quality checks to ensure quality and accuracy.
- The majority of our transcriptionists are based in the United States and are native English speakers.
- For better turnaround times, we do have transcriptionists outside of the United States to work during non-traditional business hours.
All transcripts are delivered as Microsoft Word documents.
We edit filler words such as "uhh" and "umm" to best represent the integrity of the recording. However, we do not edit grammatical errors as we only transcribe the audio as is. You may request verbatim transcription as an optional add-on to your order if you prefer to have all filler words included, for an additional fee of $0.25 per minute.
Yes - we make reference to each individual speaker and keep the reference consistent throughout the transcript. If the recording has more than four speakers, speakers may be referenced as Male or Female rather than individually numbered.
The default transcript edits out filler words such as "uhh" and "umm" as this is the most popular and easiest to read format for our clients. You may select the verbatim option during checkout if you prefer to have all filler words included, for an additional fee of $0.25 per minute.
Some orders can take longer than 12 hours to complete. Some causes of slower delivery include:
- Audio has heavy accents or low quality and is difficult for our team to hear.
- If you upload large files (e.g., uncompressed audio or video), we have to shrink the files (you can convert to MP3 or M4A yourself using free software from the web).
- Audio has multiple speakers, which takes longer to process
We send you transcripts in Microsoft Word format so that you can make quick edits yourself. If you need extensive changes, please Contact Us.
Yes! Just visit www.rev.com/account/register
Go to our Sign in page (https://www.rev.com/account/login) and click "Forgot your password?".
If you have an older version of Microsoft Word, you can download an add-on to enable you to open documents created by the latest versions here (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3).
You may also be able to open them through Microsoft Office Web Apps (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/web-apps/).