How to Use Rev’s Vimeo Integration for Captions
At Rev, we understand that a lot goes into creating video content. Beyond production, it’s also important to consider how to caption video content and where to host it. Vimeo is a top-performing video hosting platform that focuses on delivering high-definition video to support businesses and content creators.
How can hosting on Vimeo support your video strategy?
First, Vimeo is free of ads and makes it possible to replace video content without losing your important stats and rankings. Vimeo also tends to attract a more supportive community of users who offer constructive feedback on videos.
Next, Vimeo easily supports adding closed captions to videos. Using closed captions is considered a best practice for many reasons. Most of all, captions improve accessibility and SEO ensuring that video content reaches a broader audience.
What’s the easiest way to caption Vimeo videos?
Captioning Vimeo videos yourself is easiest using the captions integration. As an approved captions and subtitles partner of Vimeo, we offer a full-service caption integration with their video hosting platform. Just choose the Vimeo option when ordering captions on rev.com, and all of your public videos will be available for captioning. You can pull them directly from your Vimeo account to Rev.
What are the benefits of using a Vimeo captions integration?
Not only are videos captioned by professionals, but those captions are uploaded directly to your video the second they are done, eliminating a lot of time-consuming admin work.
How to use Rev’s Vimeo Integration for Closed Captions (7 Steps)
1) Go to the Order Captions page.
2) Click “Vimeo” to use our integration.
3) Give rev.com access to your Vimeo account. This is a secure system that allows us to download and upload your videos.
4) Select the videos you’d like to have captioned. Then, click “Add Selected to Cart”.
5) This is where you have the option to automatically sync your Vimeo account with Rev for caption delivery.
6) Complete the checkout process. But first, select your “Output File Format”. If you have a caption file but need a translation into another language, there’s an option to order subtitles here too.
7) Click “checkout” and your caption order will be placed. Now you can go about your business while we handle the rest for you.