How to Convert or Transcribe MP3 to Text Online
Recording audio for an MP3 file isn’t hard to do. The hard part is converting or transcribing your MP3 into text. At least, it used to be the hard part until Rev.com made audio transcription simple…and fast…and affordable.
How to Get Your MP3 File Transcribed
When you need an MP3 recording (or any audio recording) converted or transcribed to text, you can have it done—accurately and affordable—by transcription experts in less than 12 hours. Whether you’ve interviewed someone for an article, recorded your professor’s lecture, or held a conversation with your sales team, you can have accurately transcribed text of your MP3 audio for the incredibly affordable price of $1.25 per audio minute.
1. Place Your Order with Rev
To get Rev’s professional transcribers started, click on the “Get Started“ button on Rev’s transcription page or tap the “transcribe” button in your Rev Voice Recorder app. You’ll see prompts for uploading your files to Rev or linking a URL to the recording’s location. Choose the one that meets your needs.
2. Submit Your Files
Rev has three easy ways to get your file to our transcribers.
- Upload your MP3 file from your computer
- Share a link to a public URL
- Upload with our API, video platform integrations, or Zapier
Once you’ve added a file, simply follow the prompts to get a price quote and a turnaround time. All file transfers are secure and encrypted. Transcriptions are rated 99% accurate.
You even have a choice of file formats for downloading your transcription.
3. Choose Additional Options like “Rush” or “Timestamps” (Optional)
Need a rush job? Not a problem. Simply request a rush and include an additional $1.25 per minute to get it up to five times faster.
Rev’s team of professional transcriptionists are available 24/7, meaning a transcribed copy of that interview you did over dinner will be waiting in your inbox when you get to work in the morning.
Rev Has No Lurking Charges
There are no hidden or extra charges to worry about.
- Multiple speakers on your audio? No extra charge.
- Audio less than perfect? No extra charge.
- Includes specialized terminology? No extra charge.
- Speakers have accents? No extra charge.
Best Ways to Capture Your Audio
Different occasions call for varied methods of recording. Your method of recording doesn’t matter: Rev has you covered.
- Online Voice Recorder – Rev offers this completely free tool for recording through your desktop computer or mobile tablet. Fire up your microphone, click the ‘record’ button and you’re good to go. Record the audio and download an MP3, all at no cost to you.
- Voice Recorder for Android and iPhone – With the Rev Voice Recorder app, you can record directly to your phone. File-sharing options, such as automatic Dropbox sync, Slack, Evernote, email, and text message are accessible through the app, so you always have your recordings within reach. This free voice recording app is available for download from Google Play and the Apple App Store. You can also order a transcript directly from your phone.
- iPhone Call Recording – Whether incoming or outgoing, you can capture and transcribe any calls made on your iPhone. Downloading the Rev Call Recorder free app lets you record unlimited calls and order a professional transcription for just $1.00 a minute. And you can place the order with a simple tap on your iPhone.
For the More Technically Inclined
If accurate speech recognition for your audio or video recordings is more to your liking, Rev has an easy-to-use API that you can try for free. Designed by developers with developers in mind, Rev’s API provides SDKs, comprehensive documentation, and access to expert support. An access token is all you need to generate your first transcript.
Rev API gives you free per-word timestamps. Transcription output can be in JSON, Word, PDF, or .txt formats. It’s also perfect for text analysis and AI training.
Rev.ai handles all media types and has no usage limits. After your first free five hours, cost is an incredibly affordable $0.035 per minute. That buys you incredible transcription accuracy, and allows searchable and accessible audio and video content at your disposal.
Webinars have grown in popularity in the last few years, along with the general growth of all types of video conferencing. A…
Just say it! More and more businesses realize that saying it is quicker and more conclusive than typing it out. Documentation via…
Podcasts have become a force to be reckoned with in the past decade. While initially known for music streaming, Spotify, in particular,…