How to Turn Off Subtitles on Disney Plus
Disney Plus is one of the leading streaming services on the block, having wasted no time in becoming one of the most popular choices for blockbuster movies and shows, including the entirety of the Marvel and Star Wars franchises. There’s also a wealth of beloved animated content for kids, so it’s hardly surprising that millions of users have flocked to the platform.
Like captions for all the leading streaming services, subtitles on Display Plus are a helpful translation tool for people who struggle with hearing problems or have difficulty understanding foreign accents. However, native English speakers that tend to stay away from international shows and movies probably don’t see the need to enable captions often.
Naturally, turning off subtitles on Disney Plus is the easiest solution. Below, we summarize where to find the subtitle option on the Disney Plus app across the most commonly used streaming devices.
How to Turn Off Disney Plus Subtitles in the Web Browser
First, are you streaming the latest content on your laptop or desktop computer? Here are the steps for turning off Disney Plus subtitles in the browser version:
- Click the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Inside the Audio & Subtitles menu, look for your preferred language.
- Select the corresponding option to disable subtitles.
How to Turn off Disney Plus Subtitles on Android
We all know that watching Disney Plus’s enormous catalog on a high-end Android device is a satisfying experience. Here’s how to turn off Disney Plus subtitles in the Android app.
- Select a show or movie to play on your device.
- Tap the screen and select the menu that appears on the left.
- In the Audio & Subtitles menu, choose the Off option under Subtitles.
- Press the X on the screen to return to your content.
How to Turn off Disney Plus Subtitles on iPhone and iPad
Subtitles on Disney Plus are easy to disable when using the streaming service on your Apple device. Follow these steps to turn off subtitles on the Disney Plus app.
- During playback of a show or movie, tap the display.
- Two icons will appear in the upper right corner. Choose the far-right option.
- In the Audio & Subtitles menu, select the Off option under Subtitles.
- Press the X on the display to return to resume playback.
How to Turn off Disney Plus Subtitles on Apple TV
Next, if you’ve installed Disney Plus on your Apple TV, the process for disabling subtitles is slightly different compared to previous methods.
- If a show or movie is playing, swipe down using your remote to access the settings during playback. If you’re using an older version of Apple TV, hold down the center button on the remote.
- The Audio & Subtitles menu will appear. Choose the Off option in the Subtitles section.
How to Turn off Disney Plus Subtitles on Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV provides a seamless way to enjoy your favorite subscriptions and streaming services. Complete these steps to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus.
- During playback of a show or movie, press up on the remote.
- From the options that appear, select Audio & Subtitles.
- Choose the Off option under Subtitles.
- Finally, hit the back button on the remote to exit the menu.
Finally, whether on Disney+, Vimeo, or at your local film festival, video should be accessible to everyone. Rev offers subtitle and caption services to make sure your content is enjoyable for a wide audience.