How to Transcribe Zoom Recordings, Meetings, and Call Audio & Video
The crowded video conferencing market includes almost 200 web conferencing software tools. Zoom has emerged as a leader among them for meetings, webinars, and conference calls. Recording your Zoom meetings lets participants focus on the conversation rather than note taking. Then after the meeting, you can either send a recap recording or transcript to attendees. You can also use recorded meetings as official documentation.
Rev has been endorsed as a preferred transcript provider by Zoom.
How to Record a Zoom Meeting or Conference Call
Recording calls and meetings with Zoom is easy and only requires a few steps.
Note: Only the host can enable recording or give a participant recording privileges.
To start recording before enabling screen sharing:
1. Once you’ve joined the meeting, click the ‘Record’ icon from the bottom menu.
2. That’s it! Your meeting is now recording.
3. To stop or pause the recording, click the appropriate button.
To start recording after enabling screen sharing:
1. After you’ve joined the meeting, click the ‘More’ option in the meeting controls menu. Then select ‘Record’ from the drop-down menu.
2. To pause or stop recording, click ‘More’ and choose your selection from the drop-down menu.
Recording Zoom meetings and calls can be a great way to save them for future reference. After you finish your recording, Zoom saves an mp4 file to your computer (or it will be a cloud recording if you have that feature enabled).
Reviewing them can be tedious, especially if you need to transcribe the recording. Luckily, you can get quick and accurate Zoom audio transcripts easily.
How to Transcribe Zoom Meetings & Recordings
Now that you have recorded your Zoom meeting, you’re ready to order a professional transcript. Transcripts are an excellent substitute for note taking. Take a look at the step-by-step process using Rev:
1. Using your web browser, go to Rev.com, click on the ‘Transcription’ box, and then click the ‘Get Started’ button on the next page.
Go here for the premier Zoom transcription product. It’s only $1.25 per minute for professional transcriptionists who will give you 99% accurate transcripts.
Note: Rev also offers automatic transcription for Zoom Recordings, which is less accurate but only 25 cents per minute
2. Upload your audio or video file by browsing to the file on your computer, dragging it to the ‘Upload Files’ box, or pasting a link to the file.
Pro Tip: Rev allows you to use the “Paste a URL” button and paste a Zoom Cloud Recording URL to get your Zoom recordings transcribed.
3. Next is a checkout screen with the recording length and estimated delivery time. At this point, you can upload more files or select options for your transcription order.
If you need a quicker turnaround, you can choose ‘Rush My Order’ or ‘Instant First Draft’ to address your needs. If it’s important to have the most accurate transcript faster, then you may want to rush your order. But if you only need a rough draft to get started, then the instant machine-generated transcript might be all you need.
The ‘Timestamping’ option can be useful if your recording is long or you have many speakers. Having paragraphs timestamped allows you to quickly find and reference sections of the recording or keep your place as you’re reviewing.
Often, you won’t need a verbatim transcription. But there are some circumstances, such as legal transcription or quoted interviews, where you’d need to include nonverbal communication or filler words for clarity and precision.
4. Once you’ve made your selections, click ‘Checkout’ to enter your payment information and complete your order. At this point, you can also provide a glossary of words or names to aid the transcriptionist while they work on your order.
Reviewing Your Completed Transcript
When your transcript is finished, you’ll receive an email letting you know it’s ready for review.
Click the ‘Review and Edit Transcript’ button to go to your Rev account, where you can review the transcript alongside the recording.
You may want to give the transcript a quick read through to catch and fix any glaring errors. For a more thorough review, play the recording back and follow along with the transcript to verify accuracy. You can edit, highlight, strikethrough, and add notes within the transcript and even share it with other reviewers. After you’ve finished reviewing, you can export the finished transcript in Word, PDF, or .txt formats.
Recording and transcribing Zoom calls and meetings can easily become one of your time-saving processes. Transcripts provide a low-cost, convenient way to ensure accuracy when documentation is essential. By getting your audio and video files transcribed by Rev for only $1.25 per minute, you can free up your time to work on other high-value tasks.
Rev Zoom Live Captioning/Real Time Transcription (+Post Meeting Transcripts)
Want to add live captions or real-time transcription directly to your Zoom meetings and calls? Rev just unveiled a new service for Zoom live captions, which uses our advanced world-class speech recognition technology.
Start a free trial of Zoom Live Captions today and get live captions on all of your Zoom meetings & calls.
Bonus: The Rev Live Captions for Zoom service allows you to download unlimited post-meeting Zoom transcripts at no additional cost.
How To Transcribe a Zoom Meeting
- Using your web browser, go to the Rev.com Transcription page and click ‘Get Started’.
- Upload your Zoom recording file using the ‘Upload Files’ box, or by pasting a link to the Zoom recording.
- Next is a checkout screen with the recording length and estimated delivery time.
- Once you’ve made your selections, click ‘Checkout’ to enter your payment information and complete your order.
Workflow is everything. A workflow that integrates first-rate tools, a streamlined strategy, and the right collaborators puts you on the path to…
There’s a lot of wisdom on YouTube. The world’s favorite video hosting site is a massive resource for learning about nearly everything.…
If you’re an Avid editor, you might be familiar with ScriptSync; a tool native to Avid Media Composer that helps editors accelerate…