Are You a Solopreneur? Learn How to 4x Your Efforts with Transcription
Over 25 Million Americans residing in the United States are starting or currently running their own business. Cheers to those solopreneurs! It’s definitely no small feat to take the plunge and start your own business.
From budgeting to sales to marketing, here at Rev, we know that solopreneurs must wear multiple hats daily in order to survive. But we also have a secret that can lead to greater success.
Solopreneurs, no matter what line of work or industry, can benefit from video transcription. In fact, when you take the time to transcribe video to text, you can actually quadruple your efforts! Yes, you read that right.
In this post, we’ll talk about what video transcription is, how to add them to your videos, and why you should add them. So without further ado, let’s dive in.
What is Transcription of a Video?
Okay, so what do we mean by transcription? It’s the procedure of translating video audio into text. Video transcription can be done through the use of an automatic speech recognition software, human transcriptionists, or both.
Once transcription is done, many decide to use that transcript to add captions to video, publish the transcription online, and even make different pieces of content with it.
Why would you as a solopreneur want to add captions to video? There are plenty of reasons that we’ll talk about later on in this post, but first, we’re going to focus on the easiest way you can transcribe video to text.
How to Transcribe or Add Captions to My Videos?
This answer depends upon the tools you use to transcribe. For instance, if you decide to use an automatic speech recognition software, you can find plenty online. YouTube actually offers this service. However, we must warn you, this tool will give you a very rough transcript. In order to assure 100% accuracy, we strongly encourage you to review the transcript several times to make sure there are no spelling, grammatical, or contextual errors.
Of course, once that’s done, you’ll also have to make sure the transcript matches up to the correct timing in your video when you do add captions in. While there are some online tools that can help, we do recommend that you do this by hand for accuracy.
While this particular transcription strategy is free (in theory), it will take up plenty of your time. And that might be time better suited in another area of your business. So how can you still add captions to video? That’s where the team at Rev comes in.
Rev is one of the leading online companies for transcription. In fact, Rev is trusted by thousands of companies across a variety of different industries. We also provide the following to all of our customers:
- Fast Turnaround Time. We have a dedicated team of thousands of professional transcriptionists ready to work on your file 24/7. While our turnaround time will vary by file length, we do guarantee fast service. Typically, if your file is under 30 minutes, we can deliver it within 12 hours., usually much faster than that.
- Secure Online Ordering. With our advanced technology platform, you can easy order your transcription and know that it will be both secure and confidential. We only use the most secure of tools to work on your files. With each file, we encrypt and store all information on secure, US-based servers. The files are only visible to the professionals working on your assignment, and who have signed strict confidentiality agreements.
- Powerful Platform. Built with speed in mind, our technology-based platform allows our team to deliver high-quality results to you very quickly.
- 99% Accuracy is 100% Guaranteed. Our team of talented transcriptionists (humans not software) will deliver your files with 99% accuracy or better. In our process, we use a system of checks and balances to ensure all of our clients receive high-quality captions that exceed their expectations. For those “tougher” files, we’ll make sure to reach out to the client and work with them closely to produce accurate transcriptions.
- A Real Person Completes Your Transcription Everytime. We vet and constantly evaluate our team of freelancers to make sure that only the best of the best. The majority of our team is US-based, with the majority living in North America and the rest primarily based in English-speaking countries such as England and Australia. With more than 10,000 freelance Revvers, all have passed strict grammar, spelling, and skills tests.
- How does the transcription service work at Rev? All you have to do is go to Rev.com and upload your video file, copy and paste the video URL, or download a video. After that, our team of professionals will work as fast as they can to transcribe and/or add captions to your video. Once we’re done and it’s time for you to review your files, we’ll send you an email. From there, you can edit your video and publish it virtually anywhere. It’s as simple as that!
How Transcriptions and Captions can 4X a Solopreneur Efforts
Now that you know how to transcribe and add captions to videos, let’s explore why you should invest in transcription.
Both text and video are incredibly powerful tools, especially when used together. While in the past, videos have strictly been viewed as an audio-visual medium, nowadays that’s changed. Adding text to videos can actually make or break the viewer’s experience, and it can expand your efforts by 4x! Here’s how:
1. Improve Facebook Videos and Ads
Nowadays, top performing ads and popular brands on social media such as BuzzFeed’s Tasty Recipe Series have changed, and are continuously changing, the way video content is consumed on Facebook.
Not only will adding captions to Facebook videos and ads provide the best possible way for your viewers to consume your content, but captions will also increase watch time and even entice a viewer to share or comment on your video. Those shares and comments give way to your video and brand being exposed to more and more people.
2. Improve Instagram Videos Engagement
Similar to Facebook videos and ads, transcription and video captioning will also boost Instagram video engagement. How so? Captions will allow everyone to view and understand your videos. That includes those who are hard of hearing, people learning English as a second language, and those who view videos with the sound off.
By adding captions, viewers will be able to watch your video without sound and still understand it. Plus, captions provide another level of understanding which means your viewers will be more willing to engage with them.
3. Improve Your Youtube Videos with Captions
YouTube is home to over millions of videos. Even one simple search can lead to thousands of video results, so how do you stand out in the crowd? Add captions to video. In doing so, your videos will appear in more searches leading to more video views. Surprisingly, even with the increase of video captions, a lot of companies and brands still don’t incorporate captions into their video strategy. Now is your chance to set the stage.
Additionally, captions allow the viewer to experience your video in a whole new way. Whether they are trying to learn a new language and use captions to further enhance their learning, or a person in the video is talking too fast to understand, captions help enhance comprehension.
4. Increase Youtube Channel Visibility by Transcribing Your Videos
Captions via transcription greatly help to make your videos more discoverable, thanks to the SEO boost they bring from a keyword strategy. In order to accomplish this, when adding captions to videos, you can include a certain keyword that your video will have the opportunity to rank for. By performing research before adding captions, you can find keywords that are relevant to the video topic and words/phrases that people are searching for.
Without captions or even a transcript, search engines will have to guess the content featured in your video from your title and description. Sometimes, this guess can be off which means you could not be showing up in relevant searches thus missing out on video views.
With captions, Google and social media platforms can easily scan the text and appropriately align it with the right searches. Plus, this strategy when properly aligned with the right keywords can secure your video in the top results of searches.
5. Turn Your Videos Into Blog Posts and Increase Brand Awareness
Last but certainly not least, transcription is a jumping off point to create content that can be used in a variety of other formats, all of which can help to boost SEO. From blog posts to social media posts, and case studies, Google tends to reward websites that produce real, helpful content. With transcription, you can see what type of content is and isn’t working and adjust your strategy from there.
How Much Does it Cost to Transcribe Videos?
That will depend on what transcription service you use. Additionally, it’s important to look out for advertised and actual price for transcription services with some companies. While you may get a quote for $0.75 a minute, that might not include additional fees or rush charges. You could end up paying way more.
With Rev, our pricing is very straightforward. We’re 100% committed to keeping our transcription pricing simple. We charge $1.25 per minute of audio – no matter what. We won’t charge a rush fee, and we won’t charge extra for multiple speakers or audio with accents. In fact, our rates are actually some of the lowest for online transcription.
Want to see how much your video will cost for us to transcribe? Simply upload your video on our site (or copy and paste the URL), and you’ll instantly see a price pop-up.
In addition, we also offer captioning services too. Adding in captions to your videos will allow you to provide a ton more value to your audience. It will also allow your content to appeal to a greater audience thus giving your company and brand way more exposure than before. Plus, more readers will enjoy watching your videos, especially those who have the sound turned off!
Similar to our transcription process, adding captions to videos is just as easy when you use a Revver. And it’s only $1.25 per minute too. Great results with an even greater price – there really is no reason why you shouldn’t add captions to video.
Final Word for Solopreneurs Using Transcripts
When you’re a solopreneur looking to grow your business, we know that it’s easier said than done. Let the team at Rev help you to expand your efforts with transcriptions.