The Easiest Way to Add Closed Captions to YouTube Videos
With 300 hours of video uploaded every minute, there’s no shortage of YouTube content. If your goal is to get your videos in front of a larger audience, there’s also no shortage of competition. So how can you make sure your videos are found by new viewers? Consider captioning your content.
Why caption YouTube videos?
There are several reasons why captioning YouTube videos is considered a best practice. Above all, videos with captions are accessible to a much larger audience than those without. Captions are also proven to increase watch time and improve SEO.
What’s the easiest way to caption my videos?
When it comes to captioning YouTube videos, you have a couple options: do it yourself or get someone to do it for you.
The thought of captioning videos yourself might sound overwhelming, especially if you have years of content living on your channel. Depending on how many hours of video you have and how much time you’re willing to spend, this might be an option for you.
For most busy vloggers and marketers, an hour captioning content is an hour that could have been better spent.
But if you’re serious about video content, it’s important to make sure that every YouTube video you upload has quality captions to match.
If time is a concern, Rev’s closed caption integration with YouTube might be the right solution for you.
What are the benefits of using our YouTube integration?
Not only are videos captioned by professionals but those captions are uploaded directly to your video the second they are done, eliminating a lot of time-consuming admin work.
Authorize your account with our integration to pull videos from your YouTube channel to Rev for captioning. Or, for an added peace of mind, check the sync option setting in your account and we will automatically caption any new videos you upload to your YouTube channel. The majority of videos we caption are delivered back within 24 hours and our integration sends those .srt files (caption files) back to YouTube and adds them to your video.
How to Use Rev’s YouTube Integration For Closed Captions (7 steps)
1) Go to the Order Captions page.
2) Click “YouTube” to use our integration.
3) Give rev.com access to your YouTube account. This is a secure system that allows us to download and upload your videos.
4) Select the videos you’d like to have captioned. Then, click “Add Selected to Cart”.
5) This is where you have the option to automatically sync your YouTube channel with Rev for caption delivery.
6) Complete the checkout process. But first, select your “Output File Format”. If you have a caption file, but need a translation into another language, there’s an option to order subtitles here too.
7) Click “checkout” and your caption order will be placed. Now you can go about your business while we handle the rest for you.